SCAD CLC, THE HOME DEPOT. INNOVATION learning STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT.
The SCAD Collaborative Learning Center at the Savannah College of Art, or CLC, partners with top businesses, brands, and organizations to generate design-based concepts and solutions for experience products, media, and technology. By drawing on the talent of distinguished professors and students across 40 strategic disciplines, the possibilities are limitless.
For this project, a team of 14 people coming from four different fields (Design Management, Service Design, Industrial Design and Graphic design) was led by Professor Tom Hardy to develop a mobile learning experience to activate engagement between associates and customers through a clear call to action, game narratives, and performance-related activities to increase confidence and mastery for new associates.
- Competitor analysis
- User-centered design tools: personas, user-journey, affinity mapping
- Service design thinking methods: ecosystem mapping, blue ocean strategy mapping
- Ethnography Researching: Observation, self-reporting, interviewing
- Value Proposition Design
- Ideation + Conceptualization
Three concepts were developed in order to accomplish the main objective. “Our goal is to ensure associates and customers are empowered to engage with The Home Depot to understand and apply knowledge through an adaptable learning experience.”
We Did It, a successful project board “Creating a sense of pride and loyalty"
- Bridging the gap between associates and customers
- Creating associates/customer teams
- Learning by do it
- Shared success
- Incentives for both parties
- Foster a sense of community
- Inspire future projects
Learn-it Do-it, a learning center “Creating a versatile, hands-on learning experience”
- Interactive Space
- Customer and associate engagement
- Holistic understanding of problems
Level up, a gamified learning system “Recognizing associates’ level of knowledge and experience to encourage their career growth at THD”
- Increase associate knowledge, pride, motivation, and retention.
- Create a more effective and engaging learning experience with gamification
- Increase sales and customers’ confidence in the associates
- Adapt to associates individual learning pace and level of motivation